9.08.2014

Inspired…...

When I received the September issue of Better Homes & Gardens magazine
I was so excited to discover a 'new to me' designer - Gen Sohr of Pencil & Paper
Development Co {a company founded with her cute hubby Benjamin}…….

The BH&G feature was of the designer's own home
{which they have since sold} in Nashville.  I fell in love with the modern simplicity 
mixed with traditional architecture and her use of color and pattern - PERFECTION!
Oh - and she loves vintage elements and objects but uses them in
in a restrained way and pairs them with graphic/modern textiles.  The result
can best be described as 'fresh'.


Isn't she adorable?




It has been awhile since I have REALLY been inspired by a magazine
feature…..I poured over the images in the BH&G feature - like 2,349,708 times.
I also stalked Gen on Instagram……and guess what?
She followed me back!  Made my day!

How do I best articulate what I love about her spaces and style?

* Her designs are fearless - she doesn't adhere to 'rules'.

* Her designs are personal, look at the jewelry collection that 
doubles as art in her closet.

* Her designs are unexpected/whimsical - notice the marquee letter in her master?

* Her spaces allow certain elements to be the 'star'…..they are not crowded
{I could use a lesson in editing from her.}

* Her designs successfully mix patterns that don't overwelm.

* She boldly embraces color!

* She incorporates a bit of vintage in all her spaces but it
never looks 'granny'.

Go checkout her portfolio HERE….and see what I mean!

I am inspired to make some changes in my own home with Gen's designs in mind.




1 comment on "Inspired…..."

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...