10.24.2012

Fiddle Leaf....finally!


The fiddle leaf fig seems to be all the rage in the design world - a quirky plant
that is more 'updated' than say,  the ficus tree of the 90's.

I have always considered myself a gardener - I know my outdoor 
perennials, evergreens, annuals and shrubs.  However, I have
avoided indoor plants - or if I have ventured to bring something
indoors, it has more often than not, died a quick and painless death.

While shopping at Ikea a couple weeks ago, I spotted the infamous
fiddle leaf fig in Ikea's live plant department. I knew that for
$12.99, I could not pass up the chance to nurture this
wee plant into a big bold beauty like I see in the design mags.

My living room seems like the perfect spot - nice and sunny!



Both the images above and below are via Pinterest.


Wish me luck!

8 comments on "Fiddle Leaf....finally!"
  1. Believe it or not we use to sell these at the garden center I worked at back in the early 80"s!! We bought one and it did pretty well until it got some kind of little bugs called scale on it. They are really pretty and unique looking. Hope yours does great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea?? I have been on the lookout for one myself...I will have to check it out, thanks! Good luck with your new plant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck :) We've had ours for about 2 months now and so far so good. They look really sad and droopy when they need water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck!!! as a florist, i respect your challenge..... best wishes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love house plants. My mom had a green thumb and couldn't bear to get rid of any plant that still had life in it. But her plants usually thrived. Now I find myself having a very similar feeling, that if a plant is not doing well but still alive, I can't bear to throw it away. I have to ask my husband to do it. I love the look of those large fiddle leaf figs in the Pinterest photos, but what happens when they get so tall they don't fit in the room?

    Best of luck with your fig plant!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiddle leafs need to find the right spot in your home. Bright diffused light is best. Do not over water. Good luck, my last one lasted a year and a half but once the leaves started to fall off, it was a wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up my Ikea Fiddle Leaf about 3 weeks ago and so far so good! Overwatering it will kill it so it's best to let them dry out before watering. These suckers are expensive so when I saw they were $12.99, I nearly fell trying to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw them at Ikea but had my busy beans with me. I have to go back! Good luck...looks great already!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...