7.02.2011

Freedom and Liberty! Happy 4th of July!

photo courtesy of Country Living magazine


"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine

In times where it seems our freedoms seem to be eroding quickly, these words from 
Thomas Paine spoke to me this morning as I looked for a quote for this post.  

After you enjoy your cookouts and fireworks, I encourage you to take a look
at a most timeless document, our United States Constitution.  Our founders
created a masterpiece that spelled out their intentions for our great nation. we must
never forget what it means to be an American - great liberty! great freedom!
We must not compromise this!

5 comments on "Freedom and Liberty! Happy 4th of July!"
  1. Great post and what a beautiful home that is! Let freedom ring! :0) Blessings, Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th to you too!! Wonderful post~ Hugs, Rachel ;)

    French Farmhouse 425

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said! we just visited the vietnam memorial at angel fire, new mexico. it was very moving God bless us all ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did take time to read both the Constitution and Dec. of Ind. Our founders were AMAZING. I do what I can to keep our freedoms alive (I think my Cong. Rep has me on email block because I contact him almost weekly:)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...