12.06.2010

we have a winner!


winter, {or what i now like to refer to as "Ugg-ly footwear weather"} has arrived early at my minnesota cottage......and i am not too happy about it.  sure all your southern girls look at these pictures and think how 'festive' and 'seasonal' it all looks.....yea, well come back in april when it still looks like this and let me know what you think!

our lake is now safe to walk on and the kids have been making good use of our next door neighbor's backyard ice rink.....momma?  well she's settling in for a long winter's nap.....lots of cooking, wine drinking and indoor home improvement projects....



this is my front porch today, still needs more spruce tips in the urns under the windows and some garland.....hard to get excited about more decorating when it was 0 degrees this morning!  This might be 'good enough' this year.

the winner of the vintage holiday goodies is robin, from happy at home - a fellow minnesota girl!
15 comments on "we have a winner!"
  1. :) I have family from MinnesOHta :)
    I understand about the snow and cold!
    Nestling is so fun though :) Your house looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I have family from MinnesOHta :)
    I understand about the snow and cold!
    Nestling is so fun though :) Your house looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont know anyone who is doing it all this year. Your house looks ready to me. I say it's about time with family not spruce sprigs on the door!! Happy Holidays!!
    Congrats to the winner. I LOVE vintage bulbs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh jill, i LOVE the front of your home...i need to peruse some of your older posts to get some inside glimpses...hint hint
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i am not a lover of winter either, but i do love your front porch. stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippppeeeeeee!

    The best part of winter snow is the need for more boots. Cute books, play boots, going to the store boots, etc. I boots. Maybe that's why I love living in Minnesota! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure it gets a lil old.Your Cottage is darling.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes.
    It IS early
    this year and
    it IS cold!!!
    Your house
    is darling year
    'round, I'm sure.
    Stay cozy!!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable home, Jill! I just love it!!! Your porch looks very Christmasy and very welcoming. The Merry Christmas sign looks like the signage I used to use at the landscaping company I worked at. They were used to post info on plants. GREAT idea!

    Oh, and I hear ya about the snow. We've been lucky here so far.....but it's coming!! Blizzard conditions predicted for Sunday-Monday......UGH......

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great as is. I can't believe your lake is already frozen! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well darn! I think I will keep the pic on my sidebar till after Christmas. I love it and I so wanted to win. Bah Humbug...and Have a Wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your front porch is absolutely adorable!!!
    So inviting:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope this ok to post here! I a newbie at beging selected as a winner! I'm so excited!!!!
    Do I contact you directly? I'm so flustered I can't find your email address.

    Thanks so much! It's my lucky day!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...