9.06.2010

Good, clean, fun.....

Happy Labor Day! Or as I like to call it - "hip hip hooray, the kids go back to school tomorrow Day"!

So what did I buy at the Queen of Tarte's Flea Market sale, you ask?

Well, first, remember I was restricted to purchasing only items that would fit into the little bit of suitcase space I managed to reserve....cause a girl can't travel with just one pair of shoes!

Inspired by a recent idea from Country Living magazine, I purchased an old canning jar (from Barn House) that I {well, actually my handy dad} turned into a soap dispenser!


How adorable is this!

This is a 100% repurposed project as the pump was formerly used in a shampoo bottle! Oh my goodness, I feel so *green*! It sits nicely next to my kitchen sink on an adorable tray (from Anthropologie) along with a candle, a necessary kitchen item, because who doesn't find cooking by candlelight enjoyable!

Back tomorrow with "my Labor Day weekend in pictures".... oh, it's been one of those weekends!
16 comments on "Good, clean, fun....."
  1. Jill it's GORGEOUS....I don't think I've seen that particular jar before....It's not a mason or a ball jar is it....?

    THANK YOU for reminding me....I need to add zinc lids to my list of MUST FINDS....!!

    I'm off to bed now....!!

    Cheers from Oz,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Stopping by from Between Naps on the Front Porch! Very cute blog. Oh, and I love candles in the kitchen too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! I love the jar you chose ! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! I have got to make me one of those ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A recycled shampoo pump - well, doh! I wish I would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's super adorable! And, it looks like the perfect fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea! Love the candle and white tray too.

    Linda @ bushel and a pickle
    http://omega57.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jill! Aren't handy
    dads the BEST?? Very
    cute idea and I love
    that you like candles
    in the kitchen ~ me too : )
    Picked up M-SP Mag over
    the weekend and loved
    your article!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Jill! What a neat idea!!!!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you reused and made something that looks beautiful!

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I may have to steal this idea for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny - just yesterday I was pawing through one of my numerous stacks of magazine clippings scattered around the house, and I saw this page from Country Living. I love this idea - and yours looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...