3.31.2010

Spring Cleaning



Spring........

Ahhhhhhh.........

It has definitely arrived in Minnesota...in a BIG way.....

And while I should be out enjoying the nice weather, I have been inspired all week to CLEAN!

What is it about springtime that inspires the need to edit, rearrange, recover, redo??? Do you suffer from the same "affliction"?

While hubby was away last weekend on his annual golf trip, I decided my girls really needed to swap bedrooms. Yes. I. Did. That'll teach him to go away, huh?

I have one tweenie-bopper who uses her room to hang out with friends, listen to music, read and drop alot of dirty soccer clothes all over the floor (next to the clothes hamper, of course). She had the big room.

I have a sweet eight year old who loves her Barbie's, American Girl dolls, Littlest Pet Shop figures. She uses her room to create a diverse community where Barbies, American Girl dolls and Littlest Pet Shop animals all live in peace in harmony. She had the small room.

Get where I am going?

Because the tweenie-bopper could never live in a pink room and the sweet little eight year old could never live in a blue room, I called my painter. I just so happen to have him on speed dial. He came the next day.....did I mention I am a good customer?

By the time the girls got home from school I had everything swamped with the exception of the contents of their closets.

Did I mention my aching back?

Oh, and don't worry, I will show you pictures next week, as soon as hubby helps with the finishing touches!

post signature

5 comments on "Spring Cleaning"
  1. Can't wait to see the pictures! I remember my dad went on a hunting trip when I was little and as soon as he was out of town, my mom's girlfriend came over and they ripped up the carpet and started refinishing the hardwood floors - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to do some cleaning!
    I'm living in remodeling mess right now.
    Switching bedrooms on a whim? I've so done that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. in the cleaning mode myself and re-arranging too...it's like having a new room when it is clean and arranged a bit differently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oh - wondering how the tween took to the room exchange.
    Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the change.
    Sometimes I can't wait to have the whole day to accomplish so much.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...